- What am I grateful for about myself? I’m grateful for my appreciation of beauty, my softness, empathy, intelligence, kindness. I am good at being a therapist and a garden designer, and I’m a nice boss to my staff. I am most often agreeable and look for win win solutions. I can enjoy my own company. I enjoy learning. I have the courage to take steps into the unknown territory with my consciousness explorations. I am a good friend.
- What am I proud of myself for? For overcoming strong fears on this path of consciousness growth and expansion and finding the courage and trust to carry on. I have achieved so much mostly on my own. I can ask for help when I need it and be vulnerable. I can face all parts of myself honestly. I feel peace most of the time. Im very pleased that my own personal growth and struggles have become useful for helping others.
- What is the best compliment I’ve ever been given? I can’t remember. I was called ‘an amazing person’ and ‘very kind’ last weekend by two friends.
- List a few things I dislike about myself. How can I rephrase them to become an opposite belief? I love how well I’m aging and didn’t think I’d still look as good at this age, I appreciate that irritation has become an opportunity to practise surrender, I like how I can use fear to learn to be more courageous and trusting in life and God.
- What are my talents? I am a good communicator. I feel a lot of love for people. I connect well with most people where they are. I am good at taking artistic photos. I design gardens well. I have perseverance despite challenges. I have a high stress threshold and can navigate life’s difficulties and handle whatever is thrown at me usually without losing stability. People open up to me as they feel safe. I can look after plants well. I can assert myself when necessary. I am good at making things happen and taking action. The work I have done on myself has turned me into a good psychotherapist. I easily assimilate information and knowledge and make unusual connections. I have strong intuition. I am a deep thinker and can see things from unusual perspectives. I’m now good at mindfulness most of the time.
- What are my biggest dreams? What can I do today to start making one of those dreams happen? I don’t like to dream, I prefer to be happy with the way things are and enjoy the abundance already present. It would be really great though to have a beautiful house with a garden of my own that I can make beautiful. Though I do have an allotment and the irritation evoked by neighbours above has proved invaluable for overcoming irritation, an opportunity I’d not otherwise have had.
- What makes me unique? How can I use this uniqueness more in my life? I have an unusual combination of jobs as psychotherapist and garden designer/business owner. I am able to feel the non duality of reality. I’m busy with consciousness expansion every day.
- What is something I wish someone else would tell me? How can I tell myself that more often? I have often wished during the really hard times especially, that I had someone around to tell me an encouraging ‘you are doing really well’ and ‘everything will be fine’ and remind me how far I’ve come. So I can tell myself that I’m doing well and everything is going to turn out better than I ever expected. Must get some post-its up around the place.
- What is one thing I can do today that will make me feel great? Doing this feels great. Taking time to enjoy life in this very moment, savouring all multiple ways I’m supported by life. Feeling grateful.
- What’s something that I’m really good at? Making places beautiful.
- List one thing I’m grateful for, for each part of my body. Grateful to my legs, ankles and feet for the stability they provide and that they keep working well. My arms and hands for all the stuff they do to make life easy for me, like carrying, holding, touching. My eyes for all the beauty they take in which nourishes me, ears for the music, smell for enjoying roses, mouth and digestion system for the nourishment, heart to give a feeling dimension, mind for the ideas, nails I don’t feel ashamed of now since they don’t get bitten any more.
- What are 5 things my past self would love about my current self? She would be delighted to see how stable and content I feel now, that I love myself more and criticise myself less, that I don’t feel so afraid, that I’m still doing courses and learning new skills, that I support myself doing things I like.
- What are some challenges that I have overcome? Doing a really hard post grad therapy diploma course and passing while running a business. Keeping the business going on my own through a recession and a pandemic and the men in employment. Going from a strong feeling of being deficient and undervaluing myself to loving myself much more. Going from lots of self criticism to far less and more appreciation and self compassion.
- What do I love about my personality? I like that I find it easy to talk to strangers/people, I feel love and connected to others easily, I’m generous, optimistic. I enjoy the ideas I have and good taste. Open to new ideas. Flexible. Enthusiastic. Creative.
- What do I love about my body? That it isn’t in pain, that it keeps working really well, it looks good for it’s age.
- What do I love about my mind? It makes interesting connections, is active and enquiring, understands things, likes learning.
If you want to try these questions yourself which I highly recommend, here they are in a list.
What am I grateful for about myself?
What am I proud of myself for?
What is the best compliment I’ve ever been given?
What are my talents?
What are my biggest dreams? What can I do today to start making one of those dreams happen?
What makes me unique? How can I use this uniqueness more in my life?
What is something I wish someone else would tell me? How can I tell myself that more often?
What is one thing I can do today that will make me feel great?
What’s something that I’m really good at?
List one thing I’m grateful for, for each part of my body.
What are 5 things my past self would love about my current self?
What is a challenge that I have overcome?
What do I love about my personality?
What do I love about my body?
What do I love about my mind?