Soothing myself is a healing balm for me amid times of emotional turmoil. By taking steps to turn compassionately towards my suffering I start to experience more emotional regulation and balance. I feel less afraid. Even while feeling afraid. So cups of warm tea, cosy socks, a thick wool blanket, a walk in nature, a self hug…
When I have been experiencing blows of adversity, I help myself to cope by focusing on what is going right at the moment. There are always some things that are going well.
Here are a few things going well for me right now.
- Lots of new business is coming in
- My health is robust
- My new flat is nearly finished
- I get much more exercise each day now
- The dog is settling in and is good company
- I love and respect myself more than ever
- I am living in a safe place
- I have lots of free time
- I’m learning every day
- I’m getting paid tomorrow from the 2 new jobs
- I have a healthy thriving son who is exploring the world